ISJV is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals. We will comply with the Privacy Act as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (‘Act’) and the National Privacy Principles contained within that Act. All employees and officers of ISJV and its contractors are expected to comply with the Act and this policy statement during the design and construction of the Surface and Viaduct Civil Works Project. This policy also applies to all the web pages maintained by the Project.
ISJV will abide by the following principles:
- Ensure our staff, subcontractors and suppliers understand and comply with our privacy standards
- Provide a copy of the Privacy Statement (attached) to any person who is asked to provide their personal details to ISJV
- Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect only personal information that is necessary for our business purposes
- Collect sensitive information only with the individual’s consent
- Not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual’s consent or where required to do so by law
- Ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep the personal information confidential have access to the information
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
- Provide individuals access to their personal information on request.
ISJV PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any personal details that you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request or enquiry. This may involve disclosing your personal information to service providers who assist in constructing the Sydney Metro Northwest– Surface and Viaduct Civil Works Project. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this statement.
Your details and information about or contact with you will be held on a database and used for the purpose of recording and administering your comment, complaint or request.
With regard to enquiries, your details will only be accessible and used by personnel dealing with your request. We do not use, or disclose, any personal details that you provide us for the purpose of direct marketing.
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, ISJV uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected is held securely. In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information.
Please let us know if your details change and we will make every effort to keep any personal information held up to date and accurate.
Any emails that you send will be automatically scanned, which could result in certain attachments and styles of message being automatically blocked and forwarded to our IT administrators in order to authorise the content. This is done purely for IT security purposes and our IT administrators will not access the contents of your emails once this process is completed.